Wednesday, August 5, 2009

This is the start of a beautiful friendship

Well as I write this, it is 10:30 pm in Casablanca. Literally just finished packing all of my things.. Packing=cramming everything in. I didn't think that I could do it but I finally fit everything. I am leaving tomorrow at 7:45 for my 10:45 flight to Paris then to Dulles. My flight should land at 7pm EST (midnight in Casablanca and by my current sleeping patterns.) I will spend an entire day in transit; The next 24 hours are going to be a whirlwind. It is all very bittersweet. I love Morocco and feel at home here but I miss everyone at my real home. It is time for me to go. In addition to all of the airplanes and whatnot, I still need to finish writing my 8-10 page paper that is due by midnight on Friday. So what all of this means is that the next two days of my life are going to be stressful.
Saying goodbye to everyone at the Consulate was quite difficult. It was mostly difficult with the Moroccans; the Foreign Service are used to the comings and goings and there is always the possibility of linking up with FS folks in DC. Goodbyes are never fun and although I think I get a lot of practice with doing them, it never gets easier. So here I am, finishing up this amazing experience. Just a little white girl that never does anything too fun or exciting. It's been an amazing summer and I loved everything. I hope all of you get a chance to come to Morocco at some point. Everything about it has been enjoyable. I wish I could tell you all the stories but it is much better in person, so the next time you see me, ask me and I will be happy to tell you.
Shukran bizef for reading my blog and for all of your kindness. God bless America, and I can't wait to get home. Mamma, I will see you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment