Monday, May 18, 2009

Almost there!

Hi! Since my last blog, lots have happened! I got in contact with the management officer that will be organizing the logistics of my arrival and I have also emailed with one of my bosses. I will be leaving on May 27 from Dulles and will return August 6. I will be working in both the Management and Homeland Security offices. Usually interns work in only one office, so I'm not sure how this will go. I was told that I will be living in a large apartment within walking distance of the consulate. And that I will have a fellow intern roommate. The housing situation is very good at this post. At other posts, interns may have to find and pay for their own housing.. and there is no guarantee of a good location. There are stories of interns trying to find housing at post from the US and ending up with an over-priced apartment and a 45 minute commute. I am very lucky. 
Now with a departure date set and communication with the bosses, I have some assurance that this is not a dream! It's actually happening! How did I get so lucky??

2 comments:

  1. Checking in! Please let us here when you have arrived and that all is well...we've all shed tears today with your departure! We miss you terribly already, Allie!
    We love you Allie and we are so proud of you...
    I miss you so much...Can hardly wait for 6 August!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sweetheart. Congratulations on getting such an amazing internship! You might have had a small inside connection, but "they" don't just take any body either!

    I'm in Madison, Wisconsin, visiting *MY* 35-year-old "Aly" and her little baby. I can't stand living so far away from them, so I can relate to your parents' missing you terribly already! Make sure you contact them often so they won't worry. Have fun, work hard, stay safe, and take good care. :) Hugs from Karen (your parents' really old friend)

    ReplyDelete